Drummer Talk 222 – Surviving The “Pro” Audition
We’re back from our Summer hiatus with a show on how to survive the “pro” audition! It’s kind of a sad news day as we explore why Chris Slade left AC/DC, talk about the passing of Tommy Ramone, and how both Tim Alexander and Dennis Chambers wound up in the hospital!
Drummer Talk Mailbag
- From Jackson:
Several months ago, I signed up to audition for my local youth symphony at the urging of a friend. Despite several years of experience within school band, I am much more comfortable behind a drum set than, say, mallets or tympani, and I was rather unenthusiastic about preparing for this audition. When the try-out did eventually roll around, I was unrehearsed and left the audition ashamed with myself, knowing I was fully capable of securing a spot within the symphony but just not committed.This year I will be a freshman going into High School, and I hope to pursue many musical opportunities there. As for the youth symphony, I’m considering attempting a second audition, but, seeing as my interests aren’t performing as a “percussionist” per say, the only benefit I can see from joining would be a nice name to put on my college applications. Do you feel I could benefit from this endeavor, or am I just wasting my time and money?
- Why did Chris Slade leave AC/DC?
- Dennis Chambers on the mend!
- Tim Alexander has successful open heart surgery
- Tommy Ramone Passes
Music from this week’s Show:
- Ramones – Blitzkrieg Bop – Remastered Version
- Primus – Sgt. Baker – 2013 Mix
- Primus – Tommy The Cat – 2013 Mix
- Please consider rating us on iTunes!
- Find out when new articles and next episodes hit by following us on Twitter – http://twitter.com/drummertalk
- We have a couple of different ways you can help support Drummer Talk. You can make a one-time donation of any amount, or you can set up a recurring monthly donation of $.99, $1.99, or $9.99. Every little bit helps keep Drummer Talk on the air and ad-free. You can make donations at www.drummertalk .org/support.
- Have a topic suggestion or question for the show? Let us know at www.drummertalk.org/contact