Drummer Talk 245 – Examining Modern Drummer’s 12 Debunked Drumming Myths (Part 2)
We wrap up part two of our discussion on MD’s 12 Debunked Drumming Myths.
- #SwagsDay Recap: Least favorite tune to play?
- Winner: ?@MGallettiDrums – I would have to say John Cage’s 4’33”!
- @boltergiest: honky tonk woman. I … Just… Hate.. It.
- @PaulSaward Justin timberlake – like I love you. Because I’m embarrassed about how much fun it is to play.
- @scottgunsndrums – Battle of Evermore!
- @TonyRogers1256 – without a doubt – Wipeout
- @TheDirtyDrummer – paranoid black sabbath
Drummer Talk Mailbag
- From Mark:
Just listened to the the #244 Namm “New and Notable” podcast and need to point out to Troy that Weird Al’s Drummer is Jon Bermuda Schwartz and not “Joe” as he so repeatedly stated.
- From Kenny:
Just listening to your NAMM report and listening to Troy talk about Sabians big and ugly series. One small mistake. The XS20 is a separate series not the recycled cymbal line. That is the SB2.
- From Philip:
I have listened to the show from the beginning and always loved it but I have to say that the addition of Troy just takes it to another level.I love everything you guys are doing . One request I have is for a picture of Troy so we can put a face to the voice, and for a show topic or maybe a segment all about Drum Corp or marching band.
- From Dan:
Just wondering if either of you had a chance to check out Pearl’s new wood-fibreglass drums? The sizes are perfect for what I want in a kit but would like opinions on how they sound; there aren’t any sound files or demo videos on line yet.
- 12 Drumming Myths Debunked (from Modern Drummer)
Music from this week’s Show:
- Find out when new articles and next episodes hit by following us on Twitter (http://twitter.com/drummertalk) and Facebook (http://facebook.com/drummertalk)
- Want to support Drummer Talk and help us to continue to bring news, reviews, articles, transcriptions, and videos to free to you? Please consider becoming a Drummer Talk patron. You can find out more information including patron rewards (like shout-outs, stickers, T-shirts, and more) at drummertalk.org/support. Patron levels start at just $1. Remember, every donation helps keep us on the air and ad free!
- Have a topic suggestion or question for the show? Let us know at www.drummertalk.org/contact
This episode of Drummer Talk is brought to you by our sponsor-level patron, Drum Concepts, maker of the revolutionary Switch Kick quick release bass drum beater system. Find out more at drumconcepts.com.