Drummer Talk 258 – What Not To Wear
Dave and Troy share tips for gigging attire.
Drummer Talk Mailbag
Hey Troy & Dave, It’s so great to hear have you guys back on the air after your hiatus — I was anticipating the show’s return all summer long.
At the beginning of episode 257, Troy mentioned that he’s been into acapella lately and is amazed by what beatboxers are doing today. I wanted to share with you that I recently discovered a professional acapella group named Home Free — these are the guys that won the 2013 season of the show ‘The Sing Off’. As it happened, my wife and I were lucky enough to catch them in concert earlier this week. By far the biggest surprise was the beatboxer, Adam Rupp. While I’m certainly no expert, to my ears his abilities sound other-worldly.
It would be a hoot if someday you could have a beatboxer do a guest spot on the show and explain a little of how they do what they do. As always, thanks so much for what you do, and know that I get a happy ‘bump’ every Thursday knowing that a new episode of Drummer Talk is waiting for me on my podcast player. Dan
- Bobby Boltzer wins rights to continue on as RATT
- Is Steven Adler getting boxed out of Guns N Roses reunion?
- A weekend of events celebrating Al Jackson, Jr. to be held in the Memphis area
Music from this week’s Show:
- Find out when new articles and next episodes hit by following us on Twitter (http://twitter.com/drummertalk) and Facebook (http://facebook.com/drummertalk)
- Want to support Drummer Talk and help us to continue to bring news, reviews, articles, transcriptions, and videos to free to you? Please consider becoming a Drummer Talk patron. You can find out more information including patron rewards (like shout-outs, stickers, T-shirts, and more) at drummertalk.org/support. Patron levels start at just $1. Remember, every donation helps keep us on the air and ad free!
- Have a topic suggestion or question for the show? Let us know at www.drummertalk.org/contact