Drummer Talk 266 – NAMM 2016 Recap (Part 1)
We’re back from our winter hibernation! We take a look at some of the most interesting gear out of NAMM 2016 on today’s show.
Any tips for struggling learning double bass drum? Not getting it at all! Thanks
Stick Control: For the Snare Drummer
Hey I recently discovered your podcast. I am a percussion instructor in western Ky. I just wanted to say thanks for all the information. You guys talk about things I wasn’t aware I wanted to know. Can’t wait for more. Thanks!
Thanks for the show guys! I know the time and effort of putting on this show doesn’t equal the financial return (if any) but the service you two contribute to the drumming community is invaluable, in my opinion.
I really enjoyed the episodes on drum programming as it confirmed my desire to become re-united with midi technology. Back in the mid 90’s after graduating with degree in percussion I formed a what I called a midi-band where I programmed band parts using Performer and Band in a Box, and gigged solo playing a lead pan over top of the programmed parts. It provided a steady source of income and I never had to fire the bass player. I never admitted to my peers, my favorite part was the programming. Now with family and work responsibilities I don’t feel I play enough to knock out a couple passes on drumset in a recording session even though I know what I want to play in my head. Drum programming allows me to feel like I can still contribute some solid ideas to a project when the opportunity arises.
Another favorite episode is What not to wear. I was a little hesitant about pushing the play button on that one but glad I did – Great show! Even though I’ve moved on from playing and teaching full-time I still have a small bebop kit and all black attire ready to go. Being ready for the a last minute call for a gig is a hard habit to break. I drive a lot for work and between your podcast and I’d Hit That the miles go by quickly. Thanks again, congratulations, and I look forward to the next season!
- Percussion Market to reach $2B by 2020?
- Tommy Lee Stuck on Drum Rollercoaster
- Poison’s Drummer Reveals Oral Cancer Battle
- Chris Adler confirms Megadeth Tour
- The Drummer’s Watch
- Opinion: Top 50 Rock Drummers All-Time
- Frank Ferrer (Guns N’ Roses) 101
- David Bowie – Lazarus
- David Bowie – Let’s Dance
Music from this week’s Show
- Find out when new articles and next episodes hit by following us on Twitter (http://twitter.com/drummertalk) and Facebook (http://facebook.com/drummertalk)
- Want to support Drummer Talk and help us to continue to bring news, reviews, articles, transcriptions, and videos to free to you? Please consider becoming a Drummer Talk patron. You can find out more information including patron rewards (like shout-outs, stickers, T-shirts, and more) at drummertalk.org/support. Patron levels start at just $1. Remember, every donation helps keep us on the air and ad free!
- Have a topic suggestion or question for the show? Let us know at www.drummertalk.org/contact